Our guest authors are passionate about parenting, health and wellness, and writing. They enjoy connecting with a global community of parents, bloggers, and industry professionals. The articles submitted are relevant, quality content and benefit from the ongoing support of Les Littles. Below is some information about the writers we work with:
- We generally work only with writers who have some experience, so please make sure you list the publications you’ve written and include links to examples of your published work.
- We receive many submissions for essays; typically, we only publish those that come from experienced writers and essayists
- We’re a national publication, so we’re mainly interested in stories that will appeal to a wide variety of parents. Keep in mind that we can’t pursue stories that have appeared in/on competing national publications.
- We don’t publish any unsolicited fiction or poetry.
- Because of the large volume of queries and manuscripts we receive, it generally takes about four to three weeks for us to reply, so please be patient.
The Les Littles editorial team reserves the right to accept or reject any article submitted for publication, and to edit submitted articles in any way deemed appropriate and necessary for our audience. Edited articles are not routinely returned to authors for their review.
Terms: By submitting your content to Les Littles, you agree to ourlicensing terms.
Here are a few tips to guide you as you write:
- Start your article with an interesting lead paragraph that will get your readers attention.
- Keep your sentences short. Run on sentences are hard to understand. 20 words or less in a sentence is the goal.
- Use a conversational, casual tone that speaks directly to parents.
- Use examples and provide tips for parents.
- Use bullets and/or key points to break down ideas.
- You can reference articles, stats and/or use favorite quotes, however, embed them in the article and include hyperlinks instead of a list of research sources at the end of the article.
What to include with your submission:
- Headline (10 words or less)
- Keywords (4-5 topical words) — And use them in your lead paragraph and throughout the article
- Images (high-res .jpg or .png files; infographics are great!)
The main focus of Les Littles is to provide a worldview from a parent’s perspective. Our main criterion is that the writing either makes people think, laugh, or both. Our objective is to get parents to think about social issues, politics and parenting methods through humor or unique prospectives. Anecdotal stories are fine, but they need to have a point beyond “parenting is hard.” Submissions should generally fit into these main categories:
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- PREGNANCY AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- NEWS SUMMARIES AND MASH-UPS
- TOPICAL ISSUES
- FAMILY DYNAMICS
Rough general guidelines would be articles/essays/humor: 300-100 words. Assigned features: 1000-3000 words. If you can get your message across in a few paragraphs, go ahead. If it takes you five pages, that’s great. Just make sure your piece is succinct and to the point.
Yes, we are accepting syndicated content for the time being. These submissions are not compensated.
Les Littles pays on a sliding scale depending on subject, quality and length. Payment begins at $0 and goes up to $25 based on content provided. Payments are made via PayPal upon publication of your article.
Every writer receives full credit for their work, and is provided the opportunity to take advantage of our writer profiles. Here you will be able to include a bio about yourself and backlinks to your website and or social media channels. We also feature the most current articles on our homepage. Create your writer account here.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we cannot personally reply to each one. We generally try to review a submission within 30 days. If your article is published, we will send you an email notification and payment through PayPal. If you have not heard from us by then you can assume your piece was not a good fit. Please refrain from sending follow-up inquiries.
If you would like to submit content to Les Little or become a regular contributor please fill out an application here. This creates your writer account and allows you to begin submitting content immediately. Once your account has been created please submit posts for review through your account page.