When it comes to gifts, whatever they may be. I love picking out the perfect card to go along with it. And there are so many beautiful designs to choose from wherever you go, especially Papyrus. Guh, theirs get me every time. But when it comes to baby showers, I think selecting the perfect children’s book and penning a little note inside is not only thoughtful but something that will last throughout childhood into adulthood. I came across a mini book the other day that I received at my daughter’s shower and the sweet note inside, made me smile when I reread it. And it will be something my daughter can take with her to remind her how excited we were waiting on her.
When I have the time, I love to read books I’ve checked out from the library. Something about them being old and smelling like a book gets me right in the feels. I also love watching my kids love for books grow as they do.
So what book to choose, you may ask. Well, if you are a little rusty in the kid’s book department, or can’t narrow down a choice, here is a list of new and old favorites.
- Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You- Nancy Tillman -Buy on Amazon.
- Love You Forever– Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw Buy on Amazon.
- I Had A Favorite Dress–Boni Ashburn and Julia Denos- Buy on Amazon.
- Gaston–Kelly DiPucchio and Christian Robinson -Buy on Amazon.
- Knuffle Bunny Series–Mo Willems – Buy on Amazon.
- Everything is Mama–Jimmy Fallon- Buy on Amazon.
- Dada–Jimmy Fallon – Buy on Amazon.
- Yummy Yucky, Huggy Kissy, Quiet Loud and Big Little -Leslie Patricelli -Buy on Amazon.
- The Cheerios PlayBook–Lee Wade-Buy on Amazon.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear and A Very Hungry Caterpillar–Eric Carle- Buy on Amazon.
- Welcome–Mo Willems – Buy on Amazon.
- Three Sleepy Kittens–Ken Daurio -Buy on Amazon.
- Paris, New York, London and San Francisco–Ashley Evanson- Buy on Amazon.
- Llama Llama Red Pajama–Anna Dewdney -Buy on Amazon.
- Know a soon to be mama who loves her classic literature? The BabyLit series by Jennifer Adams turns classic literature like Anne of Green Gables or Pride & Prejudice into fun children’s books. Buy on Amazon.
Share the Excitement of Books
When you give a book as a baby shower gift, you are contributing to that child’s bright and promising future. Reading to children from prenatal to adolescence has so many excellent benefits, such as:
- Gives unborn babies the foundation of language.
- Teaches infants the basics of books.
- Helps babies form social skills.
- Supports basic toddler speaking skills.
- Teaches toddlers about their world.
- Increases preschooler vocabulary.
- Encourages preschoolers to read on their own.
- Increase empathy in school-aged children.
- Develops older kids advanced literacy skills.
- Introduces teen readers to new types of literature.
- Encourages teens to become lifelong readers.
If you are picking items of the baby registry at Target, check out their book section. They have a great mini board book collection that would fit nicely in a gift bag. Just saying.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.